Case Manager - Kalamazoo
Provide effective, integrated recovery services for CTT participants.
- Assess mental health, substance use, and other status of persons served during regular contacts and make stage specific treatment recommendations to assist with meeting their goals.
- Utilize engagement strategies including outreach and peer delivered services to elicit individuals’ commitment to actively participate in treatment and enhance their recovery.
- Provide education and support to family members, significant others, and community representatives to promote a supportive network of natural supports for persons served.
- Advocate on behalf of persons served in all aspects of their lives to address issues such as stigma, culture and diversity, and to maximize community inclusion.
- Provide targeted case management services that convey hope through use of fully integrated peer specialists to help model and support recovery and promote self-directed goal attainment.
- Develop, follow, value, and respect each individual’s person-centered treatment plan.
- Resolve crisis situations.
Effectively use problem-solving skills that reflect individuals' plans of service including use of their crisis plans or advance directives, as needed.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred; in a human service field and minimum one year direct‑service experience working with people with serious and persistent mental illness and co-occurring substance use disorders. QMHP/license to practice/certification for third‑party reimbursement. Good communication, negotiation, and organizational skills. Specialized co-occurring training preferred. Valid Michigan driver's license and a vehicle to transport. Ability to perform work in community settings which may not be barrier-free.