Certified Peer Support Specialist (CPSS) - Kent Site
Full-Time position - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Monday - Friday.
Provide effective recovery-oriented direct services to ACT participants that assist them in meeting their personal goals and maintain safety in the community
Participate in ACT Team daily team processes and schedule of activities.
Provide skills training and personal assistance with daily living skills, transportation, medication and other self-care treatment goals.
Assess mental health, substance use of persons served during daily contacts, providing one-to one recovery coaching tailored specific to the individual.
- Provide advocacy and support for those using community based groups that support recovery
Coordinate service activities with the ACT Team
Participate in team meetings, provide participant information and complete assignments including documentation of contacts and direct service activities
Complete progress notes according to Agency standards, assist in development of person centered plans including helping individuals’ articulate personal goals for recovery as part of team services
- Experience as a recipient of public mental health and/or substance abuse services, in the past or present who has achieved a level of recovery consistent with performance of the job duties.
- Interest in working with individuals with mental illness and / or substance use disorders to help them achieve recovery
- Good communication skills (oral and written), time management skills, problem -solving skills and motivation to provide quality services
- Good pc skills
- Completion of the Peer Support Specialist (CPSS) certification strongly preferred
- Valid Michigan driver’s license and a vehicle to transport
- Ability to perform work in community settings which may not be barrier-free.