Employment Specialist - Kalamazoo
Hours: M - F; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - with some eveining and weekend hours as necessary.
Carries out the services of the supported employment program by assisting people in obtaining and maintaining employment that is consistent with their vocational goals and recovery. Establishes positive relationships with employers in the community and identifies and arranges long term supports to assist consumers in sustaining employment. Engages people served and establishes trusting, collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment in integrated job settings, following the principles and procedures of individual placement and support.
- Experience working with people with mental illness and/or dual-diagnosis required
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License and personal vehicle for use on the job required
- Good communication skills (oral and written) required
- Experience with vocational services preferred
- Supported employment training preferred
- Ability to work in locations that are sometimes not accessible
- Education in human services field helpful