About InterAct of Michigan
InterAct of Michigan is dedicated to collaborative delivery of evidence-supported mental health and substance abuse treatments that foster hope and wellness.
The agency offers the following continuum of services:
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) is all inclusive, team-based treatment for people who have difficulty managing serious mental illness and need intensive supports to achieve their goals of living successfully in the community. ACT is an evidence-based practice with 24/7 service availability. InterAct currently offers ACT services in Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids.
- Community Treatment Team (CTT) Integrated Recovery Services offers case management to help people improve and restore their mental health and overall functioning in the community. Services are provided by an individually assigned Case Manager and Peer Specialist staff who partner with people to meet needs and build self-sufficiency. CTT offers Medication Clinic services with licensed Psychiatrist, Nurse Practitioner, and Nurses to support integrated care. Currently offered in Kalamazoo only.
- Action Employment Services (AES) utilizes the evidence-based Supported Employment / Individual Placement and Supports model to assist people to choose, get, and keep competitive employment at a variety of community locations. Services for developmentally disabled adults are also available through a subcontract with Supportive Employment Opportunities (SEO). InterAct offers Supported Employment Services in Grand Rapids for adults with mental illness.
- The Center for DBT Services provides Dialectical Behavior Therapy for people who experience intense emotions, self-harm urges, and difficult interpersonal relationships. The Center for DBT Services serves both adults and adolescents using evidence-based skills training and individual therapy. DBT outpatient services for adults and adolescents are available at the Kalamazoo site. DBT services in Kent are currently available only for adults enrolled in ACT services at our Grand Rapids site.
- Substance Abuse Services for Co-occurring Disorders provides individual therapy and group skills training to help people who have both mental health and substance use problems by focusing on treating both needs at the same time. SAS targets the stage of change appropriate to the person served: engagement, active treatment, or relapse prevention. Case management supports are also available. SAS outpatient services currently offered in Kalamazoo only.
- Community Payee Services provides budgeting help to individuals who have been determined by the Social Security Administration to need money management assistance. Available to people enrolled in InterAct services in Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids. Also serving Ottawa county residents.
- The Peer-run Wellness Center offers a continuum of activities based on concepts of wellness that foster hope and lead to recovery. Peer Specialists are staff who have personal experience with mental illness or substance abuse treatment and are role models for recovery. The Wellness Center offers the evidence-based Life Goals, InSHAPE, movement activities,and individual wellness coaching. Wellness Center currently offered in Kalamazoo only.
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy (CET) is an evidence-based program that targets cognitive deficits that limit recovery. CET uses a combination of computer exercises, social cognition groups, and individual therapy to achieve long-lasting positive results such as improved memory, attention span, and vocational effectiveness. CET is currently offered in Kalamazoo only.
- Navigate is an evidence-based treatment for early detection and treatment of first episode psychosis aimed at people ages 15 to 30. Navigate utilizes a multi-aspect team treatment approach to improve symptoms, reduce relapses, and improve participants' ability to work, socialize, and live independently. Navigate is in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.