Community Payee Services
Providing Helpful Money Management Services
Community Payee Services (CPS) provides money management services for individuals who are having difficulty handling their own funds. CPS staff are professionally bonded and accounts are audited annually. CPS serves both adults and their dependents.
Community Payee Services partners with individuals, their Case Managers or Supports Coordinators, or anyone else they choose, to create budgets that work. Some of our services include:
- Personalized budgeting
- Regular and reliable distribution of funds
- Prompt payment of bills
- Account reports printed according to request
- Budgeting for special needs and savings accounts
- Assisting Case Managers and Supports Coordinators with maintenance of benefits
- Completing all required reports for Social Security Administration
Funds are distributed based upon the budget and the schedule agreed upon by all parties. A copy of completed budgets and regular financial account reports are available, too.
In addition to helping people achieve their personal budgeting goals, Community Payee Services outcomes include:
- Over $5 million in benefits managed annually
- Completion of budgets within days of receiving SSA confirmation letter
- High overall satisfaction with services
What People Say About Our Community Payee Services
- “I get my money on time and my bills are paid on time, this relieves a lot of stress and turmoil.”
- “I've been getting my money as scheduled and it helps me not to overspend my money.”
- “They take care of all my financial needs. If it wasn't for them helping me with my budgeting I might not be learning to save money.”
How to Enroll
If you have benefits through Social Security Administration, ask for Community Payee Services to be designated as your representative payee. Community Payee Services are available to people enrolled in InterAct services in Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids; managed through the Kalamazoo offices.
For more information about Community Payee Services or other services provided by the agency, contact InterAct between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (269) 381-3700.