Community Treatment Team Integrated Recovery Services
Person-Centered Mental Health Service Coordination
InterAct’s Community Treatment Team (CTT) program offers person-centered integrated recovery services for people who need a variety of mental health supports to access needed services and maximize their lives in the community. CTT meets both the state of Michigan and CARF accreditation standards for targeted case management. Case management refers to coordinating the overall care of people served to improve and restore their mental health and improve functioning in the community. CTT services are provided by Case Managers along with Peer Specialists to people age 18 and older in office settings and in the community. InterAct operates two CTT teams whose staff work together to assure backup for persons served in case of emergencies.
CTT staff partner with individuals to understand their illnesses and build on their strengths to reach their personal recovery goals.
Program components include:
- Qualified, individual Case Manager
- Peer Specialist staff help with wellness coaching and other supports
- Backup from other CTT staff in times of absence or daytime emergencies
- Assessment and person-centered planning to achieve maximum level of functioning
- Medication monitoring and training for increased independence
- Assistance with obtaining and maintaining benefits
- Education about mental illness, medications, skill development
- Family support and education
- Coordination of, or assistance with, transportation
- Assistance with obtaining and maintaining safe housing
- Budgeting assistance which may include coordination with representative payee services such as those available through InterAct's Community Payee Services
- Referrals to community supports such as social, recreational, vocational, or educational
- Coordination services for individuals who are hospitalized or in jail
CTT provides psychiatric services through an on-site Medication Clinic that includes the following:
- Psychiatric services provided by a licensed Psychiatrist or Nurse Practitioner that include assessments, prescriptions, monitoring, treatment planning, coordination with other medical professionals, and crisis consultation.
- Nursing services provided by CTT’s registered Nurses include health assessment, management of medication orders/re-orders, administering injections, coordination with other health care professionals, teaching and supporting individuals to maximize their self-monitoring and success in the community.
In addition to helping people achieve their personal recovery goals, CTT Integrated Recovery Services outcomes include:
- Reduced psychiatric hospitalization use
- Increased employment
- Maximized independent living
- High rate of satisfaction with services
What People Say About Our CTT Services
- “I am happy to be with InterAct. It is the best organization that I have worked with.”
- “They want me to succeed so they are always asking me what they can do to help me meet my goals.”
- “I feel a lot more productive. I pay my own rent and other bills. I know what I can afford. It creates stress but it is a good stress. I am doing what other people do.”
How to Enroll
Referrals and authorizations for payment for CTT Integrated Recovery Services may be obtained by calling the Kalamazoo Community Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (KCMHSAS) Access Center at (269) 373-6000. Currently CTT services are only available in Kalamazoo.
For more information about CTT or other services provided by the agency, contact InterAct between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (269) 381-3700.